Contract Manufacturing in Southern California
Whether you have large-scale, repeatable contract work that needs to be done, or you’re working on a one-off project, contract manufacturing in Southern California is the way to ensure you keep your costs low and your product quality high!
Founded in 1998, AP Precision was created to fill a need for metal products in order to meet the demands of their growing robotics company. Twenty-three years later, AP Precision has progressed to offer an array of contract manufacturing services in San Diego. Their founding principle is quite simple: to provide stable, long-term, precision metal fabrication for businesses of all sizes and shapes throughout Southern California.
AP Precision Contract Manufacturing Services
When you go with a contract manufacturing company, there are a wide range of services which can improve the quality, cost and turn-around time for your products.
Some of these include:
Capacity control. We keep our standard production level below 30% of maximum capacity. Why does this matter? For one, we are better able to scale and take on surges when needed (e.g. expedited prototypes or other special projects). Two, this approach allows us to remain agile while guaranteeing a stable supplier for our clients… no matter the size! For critical lead time products we use KANBAN production to stay ahead of critical production needs, which allows for rapid delivery of high-volume products which keeps pace with the economy.
Innovative tools & technology. Like most industries, in order to stay ahead of the game, it’s important to have a pulse on the latest innovations in tools and tech. AP Precision Metals regularly purchases new equipment to not only meet industry standards, but to deliver specialty requests and projects. By operating the highest standard of CNC fabrication equipment and trained employees, we are proud to provide our customers with the highest standard products.
So, what type of manufacturing services do we provide in-house?
- Precision metal fabrication for precise cutting, bending and shaping of metal.
- Plate cutting which uses CNC technology to make cleaner, more accurate shapes for things like (jewelry, automobile frames, surgical tools, etc).
- Laser cutting for meticulous incisions for a variety of metal materials such as aluminium, brass, copper, and steel.
- Welding for joining metals and plastics.
- Powder coating service for efficient, fast painting which works by electrostatically applying dry powder which is baked in an oven.
- Brass cutting involves cutting brass in order to achieve specific applications for instrument making, interior design, restoration projects and many other project types.
- Copper cutting using either precision tools or laser cutting is a technique used for small, detailed work, such as jewelry making, or larger, more robust projects for electronics or architectural design.
While we work with many trusted suppliers and partners, large portions of your contract manufacturing product is developed in-house. As such, we have a dedicated, highly skilled quality control department which oversees your project at every stage in the production cycle.
It’s our mission to ensure:
- The consistent quality of production
- Accurate quantity and
- Guaranteed date of delivery
Note: Many of our customers are ISO 9001 and CE certified companies. For this reason AP Precision operates with ISO Standards necessary for our customers to meet their requirements. In-house control of all production processes guarantee quality, improve production time, reduce costs, all while providing you with a single vendor to count on for your product.
LEAN production principles. By employing LEAN Manufacturing principles we provide rapid production of your products while keeping the benefits of material and process controls that guarantee your products’ quality.
Packaging and Delivery. Not only do we handle production, we also take care of packing and delivery of the product as well. We handle all packing in-house and are careful to use packing materials specific to the finish of your particular project (e.g. newsprint, foam, microfiber, plastic wrap, or custom wooden crates). We have our own delivery truck and are able to serve many customers throughout the region. For long distance shipments we have access to great shipping rates through our contracts with ESTES and UPS.
AP Precision relies on the highest quality US Suppliers for its raw materials, sub-components, and finishing processes. When you contract with AP Precision Metals, we take full responsibility for all processes that go into the product and count on vendors who have the same beliefs and work ethic.